High Tide Aquatics

Hello Again

Hi everyone! It's been a long time since I was involved in the club. This last year was especially crazy and busy for me. I'm finally finding a little time to spend on my tank again though so I thought I'd check in and say hi.

I had a tank crash about 6-8 months ago (when I was super busy and probably neglecting the tank too much). I lost a lot of coral at that time, and then a couple months ago I lost a couple fish from what I think was a bacterial infection.

Now that I have a bit more time things are looking up. The corals are doing better, the remaining fish are healthy, and I have a couple new fish (lawnmower blenny and valentini puffer) in QT at the moment. I'll be starting to add some more coral soon. Currently I have a ton of tubs blue zoos and hammer coral (too many really. anyone want some?). Other corals in my tank include a big toadstool, a small acan colony, and a couple frags I just added (stylo and duncan). All are doing pretty well at the moment.

Anyway, I just wanted to say hi again. Hope you are all well and hope to see you all at a meeting before long!

Erin

Welcome back Erin! Seen your username in the BOD forums multiple times.

You'll see some familiar usernames around. They're lurking about here and there :)

welcome back Erin. Hopefully, you are in a better time and place now. We all know how hectic life can get, and a lot of times our hobbies have to get pushed backed in our priority list.

Here are a couple photos of my tank's current state. I have a lot of bryopsis but I'm starting to get a handle on it. (There was hair algae too, but now that's mostly gone) There's also a minor dino outbreak right now, probably due to stirring up the sand a lot recently.

Sorry for the poor photos. I guess I know what meeting I need to attend. ;-)
IMG_1674 (1).jpg

IMG_1668 (1).jpg

Good to see you here again Erin! I think I had one of your DBTC corals though I don't know how to check what it was so I can see if it is still alive! I have a bunch of SPS and LPS I would be happy to share to get more variety in your tank if you wish.

Hi @bondolo! I'm glad to hear you might have a dbtc coral from me. Most of the corals I have came from either DBTC or BAR swaps, though I'm not sure what came from who anymore. If you wouldn't mind sharing a frag or two that would be awesome... I could use a few right now. Only if it's not a trouble though. Thanks so much for offering!

Back