High Tide Aquatics

Help me add 2nd membrane onto RO/DI

yeah basically the flow restrictor is for backpressure since its that difference in pressure which allows the "osmosis" of water throughout the membrane.

IIRC, you don't need a new one if you're simply adding another of the same membrane capacity, if however you're going from a 150gpd membrane to a 75gpd (or even 2 of them) then you do need to change your restrictor to one sized for a 75gpd membrane.

I just installed the 150gpd membrane (replaced 100 gpd) and added a booster pump from awi. The booster is fine the cut off switch was a little janky (an email to awi and they sent out a replacement switch immediately).

I think the booster pump setup was about $129 or so.

I think the BRS one might be a better quality pump, but the overall system cost is a little more $$$

Setup my aquatec 8800 booster pump last night. It is a little loud, more vibration than loud even, but my psi went from 31 to 70! That's just through my 150 gpd membrane. I still plan on adding at least a second membrane, maybe a third...

I suspended mine with zipties so the vibration isn't directly transferred to anything, but my house is old an sound travels well! During the say I can't tell it's on, but when it's dead quiet at night I can hear the vibration a little. Thinking about building a box it can go in to see if that would help

Back