Kessil

Help me design the filter area for my 30G

I came up with a couple but not sure if they will work...

I like 2 better but I don't know where to put my auto topoff unit.

If you have something better, please share 8) ..

30Gcube.jpg

If #1, throw carbon in the right chamber. Then you can use the middle chamber as a fuge and grow macro. Since the water level in the center chamber (#1) is dictated by the left baffle, the ATO will never trigger.

I don't need a fuge.. I have macroaglae in the display.

I guess I will toss the #1 out of the window then ;D .. Thanks Tony!

Don't matter.. I figure if I have two return pumps that will help with the flow. I don't want to put 3 PHs in a tank :) .. I have 2 K1 now. It's ok for a 12G but not enough for a 30G.

[quote author=Elite link=topic=4777.msg58347#msg58347 date=1223672254]
inside.. kinda like a false wall...[/quote]
Oh ok. Yeah I don't know how you could fit a ato in there.... how many inches from the back wall were you thinking?

Maybe you could find out how much you are evaporating and drip with a LMIII or a medical dosing pump. I've been using my LMIII for more than 5 years without any float switch. I do need to adjust the rate on hot periods when fans are on more but not really a big deal for me. At least I don't have to deal with a faulty float switch issues.

LMIII + the topoff module + medical dosing pump = divorce ;D

The autotop off I have is pretty reliable. I have a dual switches one. That helps a lot..

[quote author=Elite link=topic=4777.msg58356#msg58356 date=1223673909]
LMIII + the topoff module + medical dosing pump = divorce ;D

The autotop off I have is pretty reliable. I have a dual switches one. That helps a lot..
[/quote]

All you need it the LMIII. You could find a used one for a little cheaper.

[quote author=Elite link=topic=4777.msg58356#msg58356 date=1223673909]
LMIII + the topoff module + medical dosing pump = divorce ;D[/quote]

That's cheap for a divorce. Do it Phong!

:D

[quote author=nukeproof link=topic=4777.msg58362#msg58362 date=1223674103]
All you need it the LMIII. You could find a used one for a little cheaper.
[/quote]
I thought you need to get additional module for topoff. No??

[quote author=Mr. Ugly link=topic=4777.msg58390#msg58390 date=1223676442]
That's cheap for a divorce. Do it Phong!

:D
[/quote]

hahaha.. ;D

Talking about divorce.. something you don't see everyday LMAO
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20081010/ap_on_fe_st/as_odd_cambodia_unique_divorce

You could get a top off module which is basically a float switch but I elected not to use it. You could add additional pump for cal and alk but not needed. I just use it for topoff.

big tank like yours might be ok.. my tank is small. 1/2G short or 1/2G more could be deadly. The evaporation level is not the same everyday for my tank.

What do you think about this plan?? If this is cool, I get some acrylic cut today. With this plan I don't have to worry about the acrylic expand and crack the tank. I also get back some space in the display 8) ..

30Gcubeplan2.jpg

Back