High Tide Aquatics

Help: To Dip or Not To Dip?

Hi,

I purchased a yellow formosa colony at BayMac which seemed healthy, but stressed. This morning, I see tissue necrosis, and am wondering if I should dip it in Revive or could doing that make it worse? I've read that Formosa likes strong light, strong current, but does not like to be moved. I think I've got it in a good spot next to my blue formosa which has been there for the past couple of years.... Any opinions? I'd really want to save this beauty....

DSC_0804.jpg

If it's peeling and getting worse at like a few mm/hr then get some clean cuts as far away from the scene quickly. You may be (re)starting from a nub.
Too close to the necrosis and the frags may continue down that path. Grab that left half while you can. Cut some little tips from the right and see what you get.

Sort of hard to see in the pic but start from there!

tuberider said:
Don't dip, if it gets worse start to clip frags above the recession lines.

Thank you for your timely advise. There is a pretty likely chance that my Sargent is rubbing against it, as that fish has been rubbing against the blue one (and others) which, in the past, has made it looked like necrosis and then cause it.

In any event, I'll keep my eye on this one, and keep the bone cutter close at hand.

Also, Thank you to the other Club Members who posted on this topic too. Much appreciated.

Back