Kessil

help with my yellow tangs please???

i just bought two yellow tangs yesterday and the coloring of both are a little bit pale they are like around 2 to 2.5' is it by any chance the size?.... is there anyway i can bring out their true color? and they have gotten picked on by other fish at the aquarium shop and the fins are a little chipped and was wondering if they grow back by themselves or do i need to add additives for them to heal?
Thanks

in my experience, the color fins and everything come back with a good and healthy diet. try giving them time getting used to your tank and make sure no one is picking on them and they should do fine.

Depending on how damaged the fins are and how you want them to grow back.. You don't need to add anything extra. Just keep the water parameters up.. You can cut the damaged fins so they will grow back evenly if you wish.. If not just let them heal up and see how they look.... So they were looking darker yellow at the LFS? Now when you got them home they changed to a lighter color? Could be just the stress of moving into a new environment....

Back