Kessil

help

Dfrashid

Supporting Member
ok i have a red sea 525 G2 Xl im running 4 mp40 and 2 sky lights and one radion my par: slaity 34.8 ppt nitrates:> 5.5ppm phosphate is 0.03 ppm cal: 409ppm alk: 9.09ppm and mag is 1325 ppm i tested all with hanna and i also tested amonia at 0.06ppm my question is this high for amonina in a reef aquaium and also what could cause it nothing that i know of has died and i even cut back on my feeding so my main question is IS amonina levels of 0.06 ppm high and how to figure out where its coming ffrom

I don't really mean that. What test kit are you using? .06 is nothing and it's probably within the margin or error for that tester. You've had your tank set up for a while now. I think he meant there is no reason for you to he testing ammonia.

i used a hanna tester and i tested it becuse i thiough something died in the tank cause as you can see my parramitters are pretty good but my LPS are not so happy

I guess I don’t “know” in the same way I don’t “know” the world is round. But I’m pretty sure cause I think I know how things work.
Basically Eric spelled it out very clearly above.
Tank is not new.
Testers are toys not scientific instruments.
You have sps that’s fine

Well that’s not koo I want a beautiful clam and I’m willing to do what must be done another thing I failed to mention is the day before clam died I did water change and cleaned my sand bed that I neglected for a few months being I thought CUC would clean sand could this be a possibility? But acan and Goni’s are not doing to well slowly dying off

I make my own water I have a 7 stage RO/DI SYSTEM at home with brand new filter but filter have been sitting for some years

A bit of ammonia wouldn’t bother corals even if it was present, they like it.

Got a picture of your tank? If you have SPS that are doing fine I wouldn’t worry about water quality. Maybe the grumpy LPS are in a spot with too little/too much light or flow, try moving them around?

Or as mentioned…sometimes corals just suck at life or certain things do poorly in certain tanks.

Thank you everyone for you support I sure wish I knew how to use the tank log thing in this app

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    82 KB · Views: 41
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    89.6 KB · Views: 43
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    89.6 KB · Views: 41
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg