High Tide Aquatics

Here's my new RO system

The main point of using the waste lines into the feed of the next RO membranes is to reduce waste output. With 3 RO membranes in line I believe your ratio is 1 part good to 0.75 parts waste. This reason alone is good enough to hook it up in series imo. Running 3 seperate ins and 3 seperate waste/clean water lines your waste ratio is still 3-4 parts waste to 1 part good RODI water and now you have 3 more times the amount of waste water than if you were to run just a single membrane, all for just faster water production. We are still going to be in a drought even with these few massive rain falls.

The main point of using the waste lines into the feed of the next RO membranes is to reduce waste output. With 3 RO membranes in line I believe your ratio is 1 part good to 0.75 parts waste. This reason alone is good enough to hook it up in series imo. Running 3 seperate ins and 3 seperate waste/clean water lines your waste ratio is still 3-4 parts waste to 1 part good RODI water and now you have 3 more times the amount of waste water than if you were to run just a single membrane, all for just faster water production. We are still going to be in a drought even with these few massive rain falls.
True, but isn't this done more for the output production side and is what allows the system to reach the 300 gpd although it's more than I would need, I would lose pressure.

True, but isn't this done more for the output production side and is what allows the system to reach the 300 gpd although it's more than I would need, I would lose pressure.
You've got a 40 gal. You don't need anywhere near close to 300gpd. 75gpd would've been completely fine. Keep 5 gal water jugs. Fill them up. Store them use as needed then refill again. Don't over complicated things or over buy on equipment. Waste of money and resources.

Also confirm that the carbon block is rated for chloramine removal otherwise you'll chew up the DI resin quickly. Not being able to see the color change for the resin might be a downside but you can't really argue with the price you paid!

Back