Cali Kid Corals

Hi Everyone- New to hobby and need lots of help

R

ReefLove

Hi Everyone,

I know it's been late introducing myself formally. I didn't know, this is my first time becoming a member on a forum. :)

I have NO experience in fish keeping. And in next few months I will need lots of help.

Jim(gimmoto) has been very helpful and I cant thank him enough. Also some great bunch of people around and thanks to Mike and few others who have been in touch.

I have been self sufficient all my life and never needed any help, I'm good at helping but never got a chance to get humbled by someone helping me but this time around I think I will need lots and lots of help and please bare with me. I will do my research but can't always make the final decisions because there are just too many right things to choose from.

And in the process I may annoy few people......well they just have to DEAL WITH IT.

I just ordered Red Sea Max s 500 system, not sure when I will get it but hopefully in next few weeks.

Welcome! Nice setup you have coming your way. Probably not my first choice for that kind of money but I'm sure you will enjoy it ;)

Quick pointers:

Go slow
Read
Read more.
Do your water changes.
Dip all corals coming into the tank.
Buy fish from a reputable source. Someone else's established/healthy tank is my preference. Quarantine if possible.
Skip the cheapy equipment and buy the good stuff first as you'll end up wanting (and buying) it eventually.

Post pictures in a build thread so we can see the progress :D

Thanks everyone. I will keep all the advice in mind and looking forward to seeing you in next meeting.

I'm new and I have to say this forum is where I received the most useful and practical advice and there is always an answer or a discussion that will guide you to the best possible outcome...

Back