Reef nutrition

Hi Everyone

Hi everybody, it has been a while since I have posted on this site and a lot has changed. Recently I moved from Santa Rosa to Monterrey and I am actually further away from the bay area than I was before. The new house is nice, but I did not have enough time to prepare for the moving of my tanks so I had to take down both of my set ups, :(, and I gave all the animals to Age of Aquariums. So now all I have is two tanks, with all the filtration, but no sand or any live rock at all.

Right now I am planning on selling the tanks and some of the filtration, except my protein skimmer because a new one costs too much, and getting all my money together and upgrading to a 100 gallon tank, maybe more depends on how much I can get for the tanks. My dad and I have also decided that we are just going to buy the tank itself and then set up the filtration system. If anyone is looking for a 25 gallon tank or a 60 gallon tank, comes with a 5 gallon sump, also all the tanks come with a stand just pm me and I will try to respond as soon as possible.

One problem I am finding right now is finding a fish store. I am having trouble since looking up fish store on the internet gives you restaurants and if you look up tropical fish stores or things like that you get the Monterrey Bay Aquarium. If anyone knows where there is a fish store in Monterrey please tell me.

I am glad to be able to get back into the hobby and get involved in BAR again.

Also if anyone has any recommendations for setting up a filtration system that would be nice.

You live in Spain now? (Monterey, not Monterrey - don't trust your spell checker on this one) :D

There are no aquarium stores in Monterey, but there is Picture Perfect in Seaside. I'm pretty sure they are listed on the BAR resources page.

If you are planning to set up a 100G tank, you might want to consider keeping the 60G tank you have.
That would make an excellent sump + refugium.
(Depending on dimensions of tanks and stand of course)
I bet it would save you money.

nudibranch said:
Oops that would be a big difference.
Also I will have to check out the store. Thank you

I seem to recall one other place as well.

ON RC there is a MBRK forum, but it gets very little attention. Try posting there for LFS referrals. I swear there is one more store in the area, and closer then Seaside.

patchin said:
then Seaside?????????

What are you confused about?

Seaside is a city on the Monterey Bay formally known as East Monterey,

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seaside,_California

He lives in Monterey now, so Seaside is one of the closest places I know to Monterey that has a LFS.

BAYMAC said:
patchin said:
then Seaside?????????

What are you confused about?

Seaside is a city on the Monterey Bay formally known as East Monterey,

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seaside,_California

He lives in Monterey now, so Seaside is one of the closest places I know to Monterey that has a LFS.
I believe it should have been "than". Just making a joke after the "Monterrey" correction.

Back