Our mission

Hi Everyone...

time2cre8

Supporting Member
Hi everyone! My name is Jay-R. I've been around the BAR forum for a while but never said much. Just hanging around learning. I've been to one event/meeting which was the aquascape class last year. I figured that I should introduce myself since I'm planning a upgrade and will probably start a tank journal soon. I will definitely be asking for advice.

Welcome Jay-R. Do you have a system up and running at the moment? If so, what do you have?

What's the upgrade gonna look like? I look forward to the build and good luck!

Yes I do have a system up.

75 gal tall
30 gal sump/fuge
Eshoppes Skimmer
BRS filter carbon and gfo
Mag 9.5 pump
Ecotech MP40
2 Radion Gen1

Current stock
2" yellow belly blue tang
Eibl's Angel
Pair of Ocellaris Clowns
2 Chromis
Fire Shrimp
Cleaner Shrimp
Assorted Snails
Fighting Conch
Sand Sifting Starfish
and I think there is a tiger tail cucumber (haven't seen it in a while)

I have a few coral mostly zoa. (Pinks, Greens, Orange, Purple) I don't know names too well.
Kryptonite Candy Cane
Red Chalice
Ricordea
and an encrusting green one

From the start I knew this would be a learning tank for me. So, now its time to step it up a little.

Plans for the near future
-DSA NEO 105 and stand with an aux cabinet housing Fuge, Frag Tank and QT approx 20 gal each. The Fuge and Frag will be tied into the sump. The QT will probably have a line to fill it with water. So, I'm looking at about 180 gallons. I live on the 3rd floor of a condo so I checked the structural plans to see if the floor can handle this and its good to go.
-Reef Octopus Skimmer (probably)
-Carbon, GFO and Bio-Pellet Fliters
-Plan on getting another MP40
More details are getting worked out. I also wanted to sketch up the system before I started the tank journal since everyone likes pictures so much.

Thanks! I'm looking forward too the build.

Back