Our mission

Hi (not spam)

Island Reef

Supporting Member
Alameda here. I just set up a new Aquaforest Oceanguard 605 and spent hours writing up a tank journal post, but I get a spam warning every time I try to post it. I went back through it and removed all brand names and still get a spam error. I don't get what part of it is tripping the spam filter. Seeing if this post goes through.

Alameda here. I just set up a new Aquaforest Oceanguard 605 and spent hours writing up a tank journal post, but I get a spam warning every time I try to post it. I went back through it and removed all brand names and still get a spam error. I don't get what part of it is tripping the spam filter. Seeing if this post goes through.
I'll look into that for you. @svreef any ideas?

Hi and welcome! I think one of the spam filters triggers when people who haven’t posted much make long posts with pics etc. You know, like a new journal lol. We don’t set the spam filter rules so that’s just an educated guess.

People have had good results breaking up their one massive first post into multiple smaller ones. You can and should keep brand names in.

@Srt4eric pointed out that it looks like you triggered the spam filter with a specific innocuous word in your post. I found an admin setting that makes it so your post would get flagged for manual approval instead of auto-rejected. Try reposting it as-is and hopefully we can approve it.

Back