Cali Kid Corals

How long to keep fish in acclimation box?

newfly

Supporting Member
Anthias went in the box this morning. No reaction from other fishes in the display. Usually the blue damsel is the most aggressive but he did not approach the box at all. Good sign?

when I used to use one I didn’t leave them in there for long. Sometimes everything seems fine and then when you let them go it’s another story

That’s what I’m afraid. I hope when he’ll break loose , the bullied fish stay at the top so I can scoop it up

Feeding like crazy the first day or two really seemed to help when introducing new tangs. I always feed like every couple of hours the first day or two after they come out of the acclimation box.

Does the mirror trick still work? I remember people using that with tang introduction.

Sure works with my fish. I have used it with success introducing tangs (I have 5 now - all introduced one at a time with a PBT first...I know, I know, long story). They all get along great now. I used 1-2 days of acclimation box, an evening release during frozen dinner, followed by 3-5 days of mirror and HEAVY feeding. Feeding heavily in general is the secret to fish harmony, IMO.

Here's a goofy video of my leopard playing peek a boo with himself. You can see the YT go after his reflection at the end:

Back