Neptune Aquatics

how many of you ...

How many of you ...

... have an active subscription to a reef related magazine? I am thinking about subscribing to one, but I am curious to see if anyone else out on this board does so :)
Or am I just a nerd ? :bigsmile:

Honestly, I think there's so much free information out there, including eye candy pictures, that I couldn't bring myself to getting any magazines. Sure there's something to be said about having a physical copy in your hands, but hey its the digital age, not as big a deal to me.

It's like way back in the day I used to get Nintendo Power magazine (back when the original nintendo came out) and while that was a great magazine and all, eventually the internet popped into play and pretty much all that info ended up being free, so why pay for it :)

I was given a subscription to an aquarium magazine for 1 year, it was basicly a waste of paper. They cater to newbees and the information (I felt) was behind the times, think of it this way, a years worth of BAR membership is like a years attendance at Harvard. Plus magazines don't talk back :bigsmile:

don't subscribe here, but I buy the "Coral" mag at an LFS and liked it. Love the 'Reef Hobby Magazine' that comes out every quarter or so, that's my subscription. With a laptop you basically have all the internet info at your fingertips, bring your laptop into starbucks and have at it!

corals b 4 bills said:
I was given a subscription to an aquarium magazine for 1 year, it was basicly a waste of paper. They cater to newbees and the information (I felt) was behind the times, think of it this way, a years worth of BAR membership is like a years attendance at Harvard. Plus magazines don't talk back :bigsmile:
I agree with all of that but it's the frontline (with the newbies) where good, solid info is sometimes lacking. And sometimes the mags do talk back! LOL!!

CookieJar said:
don't subscribe here, but I buy the "Coral" mag at an LFS and liked it. Love the 'Reef Hobby Magazine' that comes out every quarter or so, that's my subscription. With a laptop you basically have all the internet info at your fingertips, bring your laptop into starbucks and have at it!
Thank you! And we do put full dpi, hi-res pdf's of all issues on our site so there's no need to increase your footprint just to read the mag.

My only Magzine is "Reef Hobbyist Magazine" too. Whch I love, BTW. I have found some very infomative and inspiring articles and the price is definitely right! :)

Back