Jestersix

How much kalk do you add to your tank a day

Im changing some things around on my tank and Im curious how much Kalk do you guys add to your tank a day.

Please include the following.

-amount a day
-tank size
-DO you use a CA reactor also
-How high is your tank tanked
-If timers are used, how many intervals a day for how long are you pumping the water in.

Thanks!

For the display tank:

-amount a day

Maybe about a bit under 1.5 gallon/day of kalk water with vinegar added. My recipe is 4 gallons water, 4 big rounded tbs pickling lime, 250ml vinegar. I have to add vinegar otherwise I can't dissolve enough kalk to keep up with the tank.

-tank size

76 gallon system

Nope.

-How high is your tank tanked

???

-If timers are used, how many intervals a day for how long are you pumping the water in.

7 intervals, 4 minutes each, running an aqualifter.

For the 90g frag system:

Everything is the same, except I don't use vinegar and I use a bit less than 4 tbs pickling lime.

Calcium demands are lower on that tank.

Thanks..all that info helps... I am adding a CA reactor and considering keeping with kalk, but may change the way I add it for my pump is having issues.

"-How high is your tank tanked"

I meant How high is your tank stocked? ! hehe

in my lighting stocked 55gal tank, I use about a 1/2 tbsp of picklilng lime to 2L of water per day. But I also use weekly additions of b-ionic.

-amount a day

1.5 - 2 gallons of Kalk top off - can't say how much Kalk is in a daily dose though

-tank size

60g

no but I do use a Kalk Reactor

-How high is your tank stocked

1 fish but a LOT of coral - heavily stocked/ high bioload

-If timers are used, how many intervals a day for how long are you pumping the water in

I use a ATo I made. My Kalk reactor magnetic mxing plate is on a time that goes off every 15 minutes for 15 - 30 sec depending on how much Kalk is in the chamber. More Kalk = longer mixing time

Back