Our mission

HYDOR Keeps falling off

Schmitty

Supporting Member
Is there something I can do to keep that on better, the last couple days the water pressure has been pushing it off. I really want to use it, seems to be a great for the water current.

oh that little deflector thing is popping off? i believe that's because the flow is too strong. It's only rated to stay on up to a certain amount of flow =/

I'd look for different options, don't decrease flow, that would defeat the purpose =/

what powerhead do you have the deflector attached to? Is it attached to your return pump line? If so what gph is that powerhead?

Its for the return pump line, and the attachment goes onto the inside of the bio-cube's input line. It's rated at 243 gph.

I think the Hydor deflector thing is rated for something like 200gph or so, which may be why you're seeing it fly off.

Have you considered pointing the return straight up (for surface agitation) and then using supplemental powerheads for that random turbulence?

I was wondering about glue'n it on, was worried about that effecting the water somehow.... I have two other power heads , so I could point the return up for surface agitation, but it just seems like the circulating current would be much better for the tank... I really want to do this right.

Just use a couple dabs of super glue. It will be enough to hold it on, but not so much that it is permanent. My tank loves the "random" water currents it gives.

thanks, Ill do that tonight... I got plenty of live rock in there and the cycle is hopefully going to be done in two weeks or so... getting excited

I finally used electric tape and it has seemed to work really well! Thanks though. Now I need to clean the pump and hope that it can push more flow then it's currently sending. My tank seems to either have not enough or too much flow these days...

Not too familiar with these but something I used for a similar problem with my sea swirls is the plastic screws from tap plastics. You can get a tap and drill bit set for a few bucks at the hardware store and make a set screw to hold it in place. More elegant and replaceable for cleaning than glue maybe?

Back