Kessil

I bought a monster

I hope he does'nt take over my tank. :O

PandaClownGobyMacro.jpg

P9195826.jpg

Yes it is a Panda Clown Goby. I saw the sticker for it under the tank and spent about 10 minutes looking for it in a 10 g tank. I finally grabbed an employee to ask if there was still one in the tank or if they sold out of them. He said, "Well it is pretty small", he was'nt kidding!

It's going in a 30g reef with 6 other clown Gobies ( two Blacks, a mated pair of Yellows, a Green and a Red) and a LMB. I love these little guys!

He was 15.00 and I am on the east coast, so I'm not sure if the price would be the same as for you west coast folks.

In the same tank was a Green with the most unusual pattern of red, it just had spots, no lines and the red spots were larger, more vibrant, more random and wider spaced than any othe GCG I have seen. They were more like Polka-Dots. I might be going back to pick him up today.

It will become food very quickly!

I've placed fish that small in a tank where I thought was safe! A couple of cardinals and some gobies...

let's just say it did not reach the bottom.

What a nice little guy!
I'm a clown goby fan as well. I've had mixed luck with them and usually been able to keep CG's for about 5 months. My Scooter blennies are doing great after 6 months.

I hope your little guy learns to perch on something near the front of the tank. You're gonna want to get a magnivisor like mine to watch his eyes dialate! :cool:

aalhait said:
It will become food very quickly!

I've placed fish that small in a tank where I thought was safe! A couple of cardinals and some gobies...

let's just say it did not reach the bottom.

He made it to the bottom! I saw that much of him, if I ever see him again is another story. He shot past at least 3 of my other clown gobies and none of them seemed interested. My main concern is my LMB, but he generally goes after food out in the open water and I doubt the Panda will be doing much open water swimming, the current is too strong.

screebo said:
What a nice little guy!
I'm a clown goby fan as well. I've had mixed luck with them and usually been able to keep CG's for about 5 months. My Scooter blennies are doing great after 6 months.

I hope your little guy learns to perch on something near the front of the tank. You're gonna want to get a magnivisor like mine to watch his eyes dialate! :cool:

All except this new one have been in my tank for well over a year, they all respect each others territries and eat like pigs. With a little luck, the Panda will fare as well.

I can't wait to see him "full grown" It will make a very interesting and unusual addtion to your herd of livestock. I'll give it the Vulcan blessing, "Live long and prosper, little guy"

I went back for the Green one with the unusual markings and I lied, there is a line on it. The pattern is unlike any other I've seen though. It might just be a juvi pattern, but I've seen much smaller with the regular markings.

I hope the markings does'nt change to a run of the mill GCG pattern.

P9240019.jpg

Back