Our mission

I found 2 LFS in my town not on the list

One is for sale on craigslist the guy hooked me up with 2 $10 clowns a flame goby and 2 cardinals. The other I m going to vist at 11pm I will tell you how the store is. Both are in san Lorenzo one is off hespiran and the other is of grant ave. The grant one says it has sps and lps. So I m on my way.

costa510 said:
One is for sale on craigslist the guy hooked me up with 2 $10 clowns a flame goby and 2 cardinals. The other I m going to vist at 11pm I will tell you how the store is. Both are in san Lorenzo one is off hespiran and the other is of grant ave. The grant one says it has sps and lps. So I m on my way.

Not every place is listed :) Some got vetted out IIRC.

GreshamH said:
costa510 said:

Not every place is listed :) Some got vetted out IIRC.

What is the vetting process?

-Gregory

It was a while back and since the process has been changed so vetted or not it's a moot point.

Now anyone can simply add one themselves so no need to post about it, just do it yourself :) On the bottom of the Resource page on the left side you will see an "ad business" button. Here is the link: http://www.bareefers.org/home/node/add/business

I believe you are talking about Great Bay Aquarium in San Lorenzo on CL for 33k. Its been for sale for at least a year started around 50k and the price has dropped. I started going there when I first set up my tank and I do regret it. There used to be a guy who worked there who knew his stuff now his wife runs it who is not very knowledgable. They tried to sell me inverts and fish not reef safe, even told me they could order and tang for my 40 breeder and it would be fine. Then one day I went in and there main coral tank was completely dead and covered in cyano. I asked what happened and the women said she had been topping off with tap water. I have never been back. I understand these things happen but when you just sit at the counter while we walk around seeing several dead fish and algae issues that are never addressed that means no more customers. Once you go there you will find out why they are for sale. The other one I think you are reffering to is Livng art aquarium also in San Lorenzo and thats a whole other can o' worm! Go to Aquatic Collections in Hayward its close and sooooooo mcuh better.

Figured one would be GBA. The employees there back in the day couldn't decide to help you, or continue playing video games. In my two attempts I could not get the guy away from the video game... I gave up and never went back.

Living art aquarium says it is off of Channel St, which is near Grant.
Is was thinking of going there, but they seem to just have a Craigslist ad, and the website listed on the ad is not working.
Odd.
Is that someone working out of their house?

I will probably stick to Aquatic Collections and Atlantis Aquarium.

I went there before school guy is very nice has a small inventory. He just opened this month and has been plumbing the tanks stuff is very cheap one other guy was there from Tracy and took the war colony I wanted and the clam he was a non BAR member. He will be getting stuff in very soon he had some red planet sps I liked and some zoo's. He also had fish and rose anemone for cheap everything looked good and healthy I think he will do fine once word spreads.

I went to living art aquarium didn't seem bad the guy just needs to order coral. The other one I did go to yet and yea the store in Hayward is very nice I got a clam from them yesterday and I got more T5 lights tank looks way better. I ll keep checking living art to see how it's doing but it didn't seem bad

Back