Kessil

i have a question

using a lens at it's limit and shooting into the back of a tank will often produce low contrast shots.

try using the same set up and shoot something outside of the tank, same distance etc. if everything looks ok then you know it's the glass and water affecting your shots.

this happens to me also, I shoot with a 90 macro and I still get dark low contrast shots when shooting into deep tanks. adding more light helps.

haha that should work!

it's an aquapod?

the data is in the file, I'm not sure if PS will show it all to you, I know adobe bridge and lightroom will let you look at all that.

Those shots are actually my friend tank. Both of those are way in the back. That could be the problem. I used 18-200 len and I guess I tried to get too close to the object.

I'm waiting for someone to sell 1KW MH. can't get enought light with two 400Ws ;D :D

Damn, can't type today .. that's what happen when you work all night ;D ..

I'm thinking of a 400 watt on a luminarc attached to double locline / octopod like stuff for taking shots of my tank, so when I want to take a picture, I'll fire it up and spotlight it where I need it to go. hopefully I won't be taking shots long enough to fry the corals.

Or a really crazy array of spotlamps to give corals dynamic lighting from different directions when I need it =)

I put my studio lights over my tank once. I used a 3000 watt pack with 2 spot lights, the pics came out cool but it was a real pain to set up. Also the clams did not like the flashes, I don't think I'd do it again, but I was able to shoot at f32 at 100 iso LOL!

[quote author=kinetic link=topic=3664.msg42571#msg42571 date=1210134150]
..... Get a Sigma 105mm F/2.8 1:1 macro, it's only like $300 and it kicks butt!
[/quote]

Hey Art, do you know where I can get this len for $300?

Back