Cali Kid Corals

I love my water changes...

After reading and reading post after post on different forums about peoples tanks crashes... I really love my water change schedule.
I have this case of ciano that I have been basting and siphoning for a month. I am gaining ground on it, but it has been a little work... but my tank isnt crashing.. looks really good actually..

I know there is a chemical for everything... but I dont like magic cures.. and dont believe in snake oils.

I reduced my photo period to 7 hours and reduced my feeding. I turned up my power heads to near max ( I had them turned down because I added a nem). I think I'm going to add a big korila pump behind my rockwork just to add more turbulance in the rocks.

I hardly see any in the sand.. nice and white again and the rocks are looking nice and clean..

Seems like a good choice... making more water.. to head off problems rather than as a result..

Thanks for the good advice!

Kensington Reefer said:
YES!!
Do you water changes religiously!
I do and I don't test anything

The solution to pollution is dilution

If you think about it the only thing saving the Oceans from man right now is its Volume of water.
Dilution of the pollution. Poor thingis long past needing a little Maintenance.
Im glad I did the research and went the way Bigmac did .Because it works everytime

I dont use water changes to not test my water..
I test my water change water and make corrections before it hits the tank.. then after a WC I test my tank.
I've had WAY too many water changes that pulled my #'s down for mag and alk.
Ive got a batch of salinity that gives my 1200 mag right now.. I dose that before it gets into the tank.
I do my best to do at least one a week and try to get them in at about every 5 days while fighting ciano..
I have 25 gal for this afternoon ready to go..

Alot of people are shocked that I test my water beofre I put it in the tank.. I cant imagine not testing the big 3 any more than I can imagine not verifying salinity.

Ahhh hell that water looks OK.. put it in!

Back