Kessil

I think these purple damsels are eating my corals.

I got a a hippo tang and a pair of damsels from eoud (thanks!) but I think the damsels are coral eaters.

My softies started getting what looks like nibbles all over them, and my tubiporas all had their heads eaten off. Now a very nice lps has all it's polyps eaten off.

These guys will go into exile until I can decide if it was them or the others. The others were fine with the corals for a long time.

I'll see if eoud wants them back first, but otherwise, they might be going to someone who has a FOWLR.

V

Sorry, forgot to get e pic. I'm going to place them in a holding tank and see how things go. Meaning ... seeing if the softies' nibble marks heal over.

The other suspect is a bird wrasse, who ate all my hermit crabs and eats like an absolute pig.

I'm not sure if maybe the problem is that by adding 3 fish, there is not enough food for them.

I tried using an auto feeder to give them multiple small feedings in a day, but it fell into the water and broke.

Sorry, forgot to get e pic. I'm going to place them in a holding tank and see how things go. Meaning ... seeing if the softies' nibble marks heal over.

The other suspect is a bird wrasse, who ate all my hermit crabs and eats like an absolute pig.

I'm not sure if maybe the problem is that by adding 3 fish, there is not enough food for them.

I tried using an auto feeder to give them multiple small feedings in a day, but it fell into the water and broke.
I vote bird wrasse. When I had my 180g FOWLR, I kept a male bird wrasse named Jerry. I would never trust him around corals. I can guess you don't have any bristleworms either.

Back