High Tide Aquatics

IM SR60 - back after a long hiatus

Great start with your SR60 and equipment. I recently broke mine down to downsize to a smaller tank. Mine was a dedicated soft corals and wrasse tank. Love the IM SR series tanks. What kind of corals do you plan on keeping? The dual return pumps and MP40 should be more than enough flow.

I agree with @ashburn2k the Orphek Atlantik fixture build quality is top notch, but connecting to the app with its wifi gateway is frustrating. Maybe somewhere down the line consider the iCon control upgrade kit.

Also if you are looking for inspiration the best looking SR60 I’ve seen in person is the one at Neptune Aquatics on the counter by their register.
Thanks and appreciate all your info!
I'm going old school SPS and clams.
I'll have to drop by Neptune. SJ IIRC?

Nice setup like the large acrylic pan.
With around thousand pounds of weight on 4 small wheel points that may dimple the wood floor hard to tell what type of wood? Assuming you bought the casters and verified their capacity minimum of 1500-2000 lbs using decent thick screws or bolts sounds good..Can always add small squares of wood under the wheels matching the flooring to spread the weight a little. Welcome back to the hobby! May your clams prosper!

Nice setup like the large acrylic pan.
With around thousand pounds of weight on 4 small wheel points that may dimple the wood floor hard to tell what type of wood? Assuming you bought the casters and verified their capacity minimum of 1500-2000 lbs using decent thick screws or bolts sounds good..Can always add small squares of wood under the wheels matching the flooring to spread the weight a little. Welcome back to the hobby! May your clams prosper!
Thank you!
I like the floor saving advice!

PXL_20240414_032618307.jpg

I think I'll use acrylic rods and aqua stick. I remember back in the day trying to mount corals and have the whole pile shift or crash.

If your not in a rush, I've used this in several of my tanks. You will find it overall cheaper and more effective than epoxy. Considering how much expoy you may need. Only issue you may have is it dries grey. So you could hide the fuse points, or apply a thin layer of expoy that dries purple over it to blend the colors. It cures rock solid probably actual harder the the rocks your attaching.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240414_144503_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20240414_144503_Chrome.jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 16
Last edited:
If your not in a rush, I've used this in several of my tanks. You will find it overall cheaper and more effective than epoxy. Considering how much expoy you may need. Only issue you may have is it dries grey. So you could hide the fuse points, or apply a thin layer of expoy that dries purple over it to blend the colors. It cures rock solid probably actual harder the the rocks your attaching.
Thanks! I'll give it a try!

Got some 1/4 inch HDPE, for the back and to mount controllers. Used 2 pieces. Easy to cut with a hole saw and get screws into. Also quite smooth and was able to use mostly Velcro.View attachment 55010
I would mount the power supply outside to avoid water evaporation damage.

Installing electronics above sump worries me. Water evaporation. YES its an open cabinet, but still accidents happe.

And the controllers should be easy to access.

SR60 and SR120 I haven't had the luck to own them. Will be my future tanks.

I would mount the power supply outside to avoid water evaporation damage.

Installing electronics above sump worries me. Water evaporation. YES its an open cabinet, but still accidents happe.

And the controllers should be easy to access.

SR60 and SR120 I haven't had the luck to own them. Will be my future tanks.
Thanks, appreciate your input!

Back