Cali Kid Corals

IM40 Nuvo Stand(not APS), and controller board

yngplo

Supporting Member
Hey folks,

So I’ve recently considered making a DIY controller board to organize all of my cables and hold all of my controllers.

Initially I was thinking about somehow nailing or drilling into my IM40 stand, but I did want some opinions on if that’s a good idea or not.

Would that damage the structural integrity of the stand itself?

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You’re better off cutting some plywood and placing it in front of the stand’s wood - creating a false bottom to hide cables. You can paint it black and drill it to your heart’s content. Personally, drilling the stand always makes me nervous.

You’re better off cutting some plywood and placing it in front of the stand’s wood - creating a false bottom to hide cables. You can paint it black and drill it to your heart’s content. Personally, drilling the stand always makes me nervous.

Do you have pictures? I’m definitely gonna try to DIY something soon. I think I may actually just get a small ikea besta shelf and modify it to organize everything. I don’t wanna risk anything toward the structural integrity of the stand.

Thanks for the suggestion!

The original wooden Nuvo stands have a piece of wood vertically in the middle. Do you plan on removing that piece?

I don’t think I will, I’d like to do all my work and cable management for my controllers outside, so I might try to just buy a cabinet to keep to the side of my tank

I don’t think I will, I’d like to do all my work and cable management for my controllers outside, so I might try to just buy a cabinet to keep to the side of my tank

Check out Ikea, they have a lot of options. A lot of people use the BESTA TV stand with the glass door for an electronics cabinet.

Do people usually drill through the back side of those cabinets, or do they add an extra piece of plywood inside?

Do people usually drill through the back side of those cabinets, or do they add an extra piece of plywood inside?

The whole stand is made of pretty thick MDF. You can drill the back, my brother did it when he drilled his Nuvo 20g tank and stand to plumb to his main tank.

Back