In the beginning...

Discussion in 'Tank Journals' started by Flagg37, Mar 19, 2016.

1. Flagg37

Flagg37 Officer at large

I’m sure there’ll be some adjusting but I guess I’m banking on my marine pure block carrying the bulk of my beneficial bacteria.

2. scuzy

scuzy Supporting Member

Bag em they should last the trip. Keep them warm use heat packs for the freezer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

3. Bruce Spiegelman

Bruce Spiegelman Supporting Member

And it will, but there will be some die-off from lack of flow, etc. S there will be a bit of a cycle still in all likelihood. It's kind of like when someone changes out or adds a bunch more dsand to their tank... it starts a mini cycle.

4. RandyC

RandyC Guest

If I was doing it, I would get an dc-to-ac inverter for the car and use a 100W heater and airstones for the drive if you have the space to hold the freezer with water. Gotta worry about sloshing though...could damage some corals.

If you're worried about a cycle because of things dying, you should start cycling a live rock and marine pure in Colorado right when you get there. Lather a couple bottles of Dr Tim's bacteria on it, let it soak and then put it in saltwater and hope it can cycle in a Week. Hopefully, it'll be ready to offset anything that died and pollutes your water.

Gablami likes this.