Our mission

Installing Sunlight Supply cords on Lumenarcs

Got some SLS cords w/ connectors today from Aquatic Collection to plug into my Lumatek ballast. The cords that came with my LA Mini's didn't have any connectors on the end. It took me half an hour to get the freaking cord out of the LA Mini because of that clip. I'm trying to get the SLS cord in but I can't squeeze that problematic clip through the hole with the cord inside. Can you tell me how to get the clips installed with the cord?

Can't picture it but if the black grommet like things is what you are talking about, they are a PITA to deal with, I use pliers and squeeze while swinging? the cord out, to place back in I reverse the process

xcaret said:
Can't picture it but if the black grommet like things is what you are talking about, they are a PITA to deal with, I use pliers and squeeze while swinging? the cord out, to place back in I reverse the process

Yep, that's it Mario the black grommet/clip. Just tried pliers and vice grip and now the plastic is all chewed up now. :X Still couldn't get the d@mn cord in. :(

Those are hard to get in, guess keeping pressure on it for a while then trying to place it back in.
Think are called Strain Relief, Sockets/Grommets? Due to the thickness of the power cord, are hard to compress, wonder what they use at PGS, the manufacturer.

Strain relief grommets/bushings. Thanks Mario! :) It looks like they sell a tool to install these guys but it's rather expensive. I'm gonna call PGS up and see what they recommend on how to install. If all else fails maybe I'll take a road trip up to the North Bay. :)

Called up PGS on Saturday and spoke to Tom over the phone and told him about my issue with the cord and the strain relief grommet. He told me to swing up there and he'll install the plugs. I pack up everything and took a drive to the north bay. I remember Tom from the Baymac table and he showed me his 150 mixed reef in the shop. He has these HUGE brain corals that have offspring and offered a small colony to me. I said as much as I'd like to have one I have no room in the tank. He looks at my cords and plugs and pulls a box from out from under the work bench and what do you know. He has some SLS cords already hooked up to the bracket and socket assembly and we trade straight across. No charge or questions asked. What a great company to deal with! :)

My experience with them has been the same, a super solid family business :)

Those little brains are pretty cool, I'm glad they survived the mini crash.

Back