Cali Kid Corals

Interested...Tunze or Neptune ATO?

I’ve been happy with my Tunze ATO for years. Rock solid.

I haven’t tried the Neptune ATO but lots of people like it.

I have my Tunze plugged into an outlet of my Apex system which gives me all the controllability I need.

And I’m a control freak.
733743bc3244ab845a60bc8ed309fd09.jpg

I see a lot of negative posts on the Neptune Facebook group about the ATO

No one ever complains about the Tunze’s. I have 2 and love them.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I got the Tunze and the Neptune ATK. The Tunze is definitely quiter, but uses a float switch. I have been very happen with the ATK as well and have no complaints. The ATK sounds an alarm when it runs dry, while the Tunze does not. Both have their pros and cons but I like them both.

The regular size Tunze (3155) uses an optical sensor as the main sensor with a float sensor as a high water level backup. Much better than the nano version (3152) with only 1 sensor, if you have the space.

The regular size Tunze (3155) uses an optical sensor as the main sensor with a float sensor as a high water level backup. Much better than the nano version (3152) with only 1 sensor, if you have the space.
Ah I have the nano version, I just use it in my QT.

Bcause if I give my opinion of the ATK Vincent will get pissed at me.

Lol. You are welcome to give your own experiences. But having had to work with customers that swear up and down they don't work, I can tell you that 9 out of 10 times, there is nothing wrong with them. Either the customer did not know how they work (built in timers/alerts etc) or they were installed wrong (most often being not installing the anti-siphon break).

An email or phone support session usually gets the ATK working again with some coaching.

If you have an Apex, the ATK is a no brainer. Not only can you use it as intended (an ATO), the sensors can be used for other things.

How about alerting you that you have a faulty return pump (pump is slowly failing and water is starting to rise in the sump)?

Or a possible leak (water level is lower than normal and the ATK took too long to fill)?

You will get alerted when you are NOT home!

Or put a 3rd sensor at a lower level and you can use it to do water changes with 2 pumps?

Or etc etc.

Back