got ethical husbandry?

its a pico

Hello all,

Jumping back into the swing of things again now that I am all settled into our new home. I started the tank back in August and started to stock up this month.

I ran the tank dark for the first month with a small scoop of sand from one of my LFS's tanks. In October I kicked the lighting schedule and gradually increased the photo period by 2 hours a day until I was at 8 hours total. I added a blue leg and a Mexican hermit and started feeding lightly as well. I wasn't really in a hurry and my budget is super tight so I am kind of forced to take things a little slow. I got a small diatom bloom shortly after adding the hermits but didn't have to clean up much. The little guys I got were really keeping algae at bay. I got a deal from my LFS last week for a 3 piece frag pack of softies. So far so good!

I am not sure what I want to do with the tank yet but will keep things lightly stocked to start. Going to shop around next week for some ideas and possibly an impulse buy or two. Something small, am I right..?!

7 - 8 lbs of dry rock
3 lbs of dry sand
Lighting: Kessil A350w
Filtration: AC20 with standard media being used minus the carbon

FTS to follow.

FB955014-4431-4434-BB24-0850DDB44E76.jpeg

I took a pic in the middle of the night so everything is a little closed up.

Huge pod population boom this last week. Tons. Everywhere.

Back