Neptune Aquatics

Iwasaki 20k 175 watt

I didn't even know they make 175 20k. The 175 15k is their best bulb I think, par on it is better than the 250 watt Radium and have very nice color. If I was switching out my radium I would go with the iwasaki 175 15k

BTW, how is it going? long time no see. I am hoping to bring my northbay club to the Feb swap and introducing some of them to BAR so hope to see you there.

Yah, Coral reef ecosystems lists the 20K. Wasn't aware of it either.

How are things, Tom? Christmas with the young one fun?

patchin said:
Yah, Coral reef ecosystems lists the 20K. Wasn't aware of it either.

How are things, Tom? Christmas with the young one fun?

Ushio? The Iwasaki is a 15k PAR monster, IIRC it is more of an MV bulb than a MH bulb. Yes our MHs have MV in them, the Iwasaki has a larger portion of the MV than is normal for our MH bulbs. It also has an odd greenish hue when used side by side with other halide bulbs.

I can't find the PAR numbers on the Ushio 20k, they aren't terribly smoking near as I can tell, I'd say somewhere around an XM 20k. Without a PAR meter it is hard to tell, I'm just going by my corals growth.

My mistake. The 20k Iwasaki they list is a 150 watt bulb. So what's the best par 175 bulb with a slight
bluish tint? Or should I get the Iwasaki and supplement?

The Iwasaki is a beast AFA PAR goes, nothing can touch it really, other than the Iwasaki 65K, shoot the 15k blows away the 10K XM and has more blue to it. It does need some supplementing though to cut the greenish color. I also like the Ushio 14K it's a good bulb, decent PAR too from what I can tell.

Back