got ethical husbandry?

January 2012 BAR Meeting featuring Matt Wandell - room 1904

houser

Past President
Matt Wandell is an Aquatic Biologist at the California Academy of Sciences in San Francisco, where he tends to the Steinhart Aquarium’s 200,000 gallon coral reef tank. He has been an avid reefkeeping hobbyist since 1999, has written articles for Advanced Aquarist Magazine, Reefs Magazine, Reef Hobbyist Magazine, Glassbox-Design, and Reef Builders. Matt really likes the rare and unusual fish, but in his talk “Expert Only Fish: They aren’t as tough as you might think“, Matt is going to share some reasons why it isn’t too terribly hard to keep fish which have certain requirements in captivity

I wish we could record speakers talks and post it on the site for those who can't make the meetings. Speakers don't typically care for it for various reasons.

gimmito said:
I wish we could record speakers talks and post it on the site for those who can't make the meetings. Speakers don't typically care for it for various reasons.

I haven't met one yet that likes their talk recorded.

GreshamH said:
gimmito said:

I think Charles Delbeek is the only one we have on video...not sure how we got him to agree to that. ;)

Make a camera that makes me look slimmer... more muscular.. maybe a little Brad Pitt like (Legends of the Fall BP), voice that sounds distinguished and you can record me all day long! But I'm not a speaker :D

sfsuphysics said:
Make a camera that makes me look slimmer... more muscular.. maybe a little Brad Pitt like (Legends of the Fall BP), voice that sounds distinguished and you can record me all day long! But I'm not a speaker :D

If you had a camera that could do that...you would be a very rich man my friend. ;)

gimmito said:
GreshamH said:
gimmito said:

I think Charles Delbeek is the only one we have on video...not sure how we got him to agree to that. ;)

He rarely speaks anymore so recording him won't effect future talks ;) My comment should have been "for speakers currently engaging the speaking circuit, I don't know of any that are willing for you to record them".

Let's do this!
Do we get a hint as to certain species discussed? I'd guess a bit of detail on first foods, etc...? Seem to recall a Tuka article once.
2012's gonna call for some more fish, for me :)

It would be nice if he specified some nano appropriate fish in the ones he covers. I have 29gal nano with no residents at this time and something a little different from the norm would be nice.

-Gregory

gimmito said:
Matt's talk will be in room 1904 (small lecture room).

Given all the new people, you guys should post the campus map in the thread as well :)

http://www.chabotcollege.edu/about/CampusMap.pdf (for a printable PDF version)

map.jpg

Back