High Tide Aquatics

January '24 POTM Contest

ReyDeFarts

Photography, Contests
BOD
January 2024 Photo Of The Month Contest

My apologies members for the delay in getting this contest started. I needed to get details ironed out and approved with the BOD since we are changing it up. This will be my first contest for this forum and I'm looking forward to see how it goes. Please feel free to DM me with any concerns you may have. This is meant for us to have fun and add excitement to the time you spend with this community of reefers. Thank you for being a part of BAR and allowing me an opportunity to serve you all.

Read the summary details and the rules below!

1000006511.gif

Contest Details:
Submit an image that you took, that nobody else has seen yet. We want the voting to be anonymous as much as possible. So that means no pictures you have already used in this forum. Try to make it a mystery! We will sometimes be able to determine who's coral or tank it's coming from, based on previous pictures and sharing here. But just try your best to make it unique and keep it a secret! After all pictures have been submitted to me via DM, they will all be posted in this thread with a corresponding number. That number will then be put on a poll and anonymous voting will proceed. You can win up to three times a year. If you win three times, you can no longer submit photos for the rest of the year.

Pending BOD Approval - Each month's winner will count as an entry for the Photo of the Year contest - If you like this idea, be sure to let us all know. Remember, it is your club!

This month's prize package includes:
$50 LFS credit or gift card
Additional items may be added

Rules:
  • Photo submission is open to Supporting Members only
  • You must have taken the picture - Any inhabitant(s) of your tank
  • DM your best inhabitant(s) photo to @ReyDeFarts - Remember that it cannot have been shared anywhere on this forum!
  • Include information about the inhabitant(s) of the photo (coral type, species, etc.)
  • Voting is open to all forum members & guests
  • You can vote for more than one photo
  • Entries will be accepted until Jan 28 at 11:59pm - You've got 11 days so hurry up!
  • Entries will be posted Jan 29th
  • Voting starts when pics are posted
  • Voting ends Jan 31st at 11:59pm
  • The winner is determined by the most votes on the poll
  • Winner announced Feb 1st
Again, my apologies for the rushed nature of this month's POTM contest. Still learning to navigate my role and expectations. I'll get better!

My goal is to have the new contests posted on the 1st of every month from now on. So get those cameras out and submit your pics. Be sure to tag other members so they can submit pics too!

Or don't...and reduce the number of entries...sneaky strategy...

Something I did not anticipate are the limitations of the server only allowing me to post 10 images per post. I am also limited with the poll and only being able to list 10 items. Unfortunately, we will not be able to accommodate the anonymous voting. I will post each picture submitted and you can vote the same as you did before. The picture with the most reactions/ likes will win! Good luck and thanks to everyone that has submitted an image.

Back