Cali Kid Corals

jeepboy_90 - 60g Tank Build

After a long afternoon the new sump is up and running. Had to make a stand for the skimmer to put it a 8". Did some cleaning up of the pipes and just took my time. Here are a few pictures. Enjoy.. ;D

Before:
s10.jpg

s11.jpg

After:
s17.jpg

s19.jpg

Still to add is some T5 lights over the refuge to make it double as a frag tank. Also might add a few fans above the sump to help with evap.

Please give input..next is a Reefkeeper? Vortech? or Dosing Setup.

A filter sock can do wonders on killing your micro bubbles.... that and maybe slow the rate of flow from your refugium into your sump return.

Not having a bubbletrap between your refugium overflow and your pump return chamber can make killing your micro bubbles a little difficult.

Well it has been at least a few months since I have posted on the tank. I have been very busy and have not had time to be online. Well with a little slow down today I figured I would post up an update.

The tank now has T5 over the sump/frag tank. New sump is working perfect and I cleaned up the garage side of things. Just have to add the top-off line and it will be done. Also added a Kalk reactor that I picked up for dirt cheap. Made a big difference in coral growth.

Enjoy the pictures and I will try to get some coral photos up soon.

Full Tank Shot
DSC_0298.jpg

Sump Area
DSC_0301.jpg

Garage Area
DSC_0306.jpg

Very nice and clean setup.

By the way, you still have a DBTC frag from me that you need to pick up. The frag actually grown nicely now with multi branch and nicely encrusting the plug rock. It would be nice to see how it does on a T5. PM, mannn. :D

Hey Jed, can't believe I haven't had a look at your build thread yet but I just stumbled upon it and I really like your setup. I echo everyone else's thoughts in that it's such a clean setup. I envy all of you guys that have a garage where you can hide a lot of the equipment. Being in a small apartment makes things a bit difficult and messy!

Anyway, great looking tank! Keep up the good work!

Some items are plumbed into the garage. It will be much cleaner when I hook up the vortech and the RKE. All I need is time, anyone have some that spare:)

Back