Our mission

Jepoy's Cade 600 Reef

So after a year and a half of being out of the hobby, the itch came back and it needed to be scratched! After a lot of research, I decided that I wanted go with a cade aquarium. I really liked their all aluminum stands, the fact that the stands have door access on two side, and an opening on the back. One thing that i hated about past tanks is trying to do work in the sump area, i'm a big boy and twisting, bending, and contorting my body to try and fit into the cabinet door. With the cade cabinet, i can access the sump from 3 angles! The fourth side of the cabinet holds a built in controller board which was also a win for me. Lastly, the cade tank has an RODI water reservoir built in for gravity ATO. In my last tank i implemented gravity fed ATO because i had an ATO controller that failed on me. So the fact that cade aquariums have built in gravity ATO reservoir was a big selling point for me.

I ordered my Cade 600 Reef last year in early August. Unfortunately, since Cades are made in Australia, and with the worldwide shipment delays.. i wasn't getting my tank for 5 months! To make good use of the 5 month wait, I decided to buy my dry rocks early, dumped them in a bucket with saltwater and heater and started the cycle.

January came and along with it my Cade tank! The cabinet came preassembled, except for the plumbing which only took me an hour or two to put together. So i ran the tank with just water, rocks, and sand for another month just to make sure that everything is calibrated before i put any livestock in.

Welp, last weekend i was finally able to put some life in my tank... so the the fun begins!

IMG_2142.png

Back