Neptune Aquatics

Job opening for aquarist

http://www.ebparks.org/job/resource_analyst_aquatic_ex

Looks like they really want someone with hands-on aquarium experience. Thus, BAR members may be interested and appropriate.

Minimum Qualifications

Education: A Bachelor’s Degree in biology or related field from an accredited college or university, with major work in the field of fisheries management or related field; and

Experience: One year of experience performing applied research or work in a discipline related to fisheries management, aquarium management, or environmental education preferred.

OR AN EQUIVALENT COMBINATION OF EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities

Knowledge of fisheries management, including a familiarity with native and invasive species of fish and other aquatic species of the San Francisco Bay Area, including rare, threatened and endangered species. Knowledge of aquarium life support system equipment and aquarium water chemistry. Knowledge of the State and Federal regulations pertaining to the protection and management of these species, the habitat requirements of these species, and strategies to manage for their benefit in natural and artificial environments, including implementing habitat restoration. Ability to drive a vehicle and tow, maneuver and back trailers up to 30 feet in length; and safely operate power boats. Ability to investigate and analyze situations, plan and organize research; to coordinate research with other District departments and other agencies. Ability to speak and write effectively. Ability to establish and maintain positive and cooperative working relationships with those contacted in the course of work at all levels, including a culturally diverse general public, with a focus on quality service to internal staff and external customers and park users.

damn... don't see laser experience as a key requirement, nor do I see "affixing lasers to aquatic life" as part of the duties... :(

Yeah Tony only Dr Evil had that opening. I hear he's not an easy to get along with Boss either :(

Looked perfect for a new college grad who has a lot of aquarium experience and no job lined up (I know at least one who is a BAR member)!

Lawyers: don't quit your day jobs
Laser beamers: wait for an opening at NASA or LLNL.

Gomer said:
damn... don't see laser experience as a key requirement, nor do I see "affixing lasers to aquatic life" as part of the duties... :(
What!!! I swear that the key experience needed was Laser affixation. Sersiously, why post the job if you dont need laser snails, fish, dolphins, crabs, etc.

Gomer said:
help_me_obi_wan.jpg

Hire me, Obi Wan Kenobi. You're my only hope!

Back