Kessil

Just got officially certified!

Just had to share my joy with all of you. It was a beautiful weekend down in Monterey for my open water checkout dives with over 30' of visibility. Heading down to Cozumel in March for my first dive trip!

Cozumel drift dive is really nice, but I liked the North Wall at Grand Cayman better. Plus, you can then play with the stingrays! :D

[quote author=seminolecpa link=topic=5992.msg75820#msg75820 date=1232431214]
We so need to set up a BAR dive trip.
[/quote]

count me in!

Is there any place to dive around here that is remotely interesting, say between Tomales Bay and Santa Cruz? It seems like all of the certifications happen in Monterey so maybe not, but I'd rather not go all the way down there.

I'd like to dive more often to keep from getting too rusty between the every-other-year trips to somewhere fun.

Congratulations! Soon you will want to do Advanced, Rescue... :)

A dive trip would be nice! What I really miss from living in LA is the weekly trips to Catalina Island for diving. There the water got to 69-70 in September. Since I moved up to the Bay area I haven't been diving once over here. I would need a dry suit first :)

Durwin: Did you get certified using the wet suit or dry suit?
I got certified about 2 years ago, passing the test in Monterey. It's kind of funny seeing all the divers in their dive gear all moving into the water at the same time from the beach. Did you happen to see the sinking ship close by the beach while diving in Monterey (assuming you are diving from the same location I did).

I haven't dived since then so probably I need to be recertified. I promise I won't wave my hand above the water =P

I got certified using a wet suit. I think it was a 7mm suit so I was pleasantly surprised that it wasn't cold at all.

Didn't get a chance to see the ship close by but we might have been at a different location. We were diving off of San Carlos Beach in Monterey. One of the cool places that we saw was the Metridium Fields. There was a giant rock covered in metridium anemones and it was quite a site. I had never seen anemones like that. They looked like giant cauliflowers! Wish I had a camera with me.

Saw a ton of jellyfish, a variety of anemones, starfish, gobies, sandabs, sea cucumbers, decorator crabs (I think), urchins, etc. One of the coolest things I saw was birds diving into the ocean and picking off fish!

Back