Neptune Aquatics

Just need to rant...

sfsuphysics

Supporting Member
Ok so yesterday as I get home from class happy that my 4 day weekend has officially begun I get this email from the dept. head telling us of a last minute department meeting today (Friday) at 1:15pm to talk about what activities we have planned for the semester.

First off, this is something that was supposed to be talked about on flex day during our department meeting before school started, but the dept.head was babbling about people he met and talk to at a conference or what not for a whole hour with another in the dept. (who's also the "2nd in command" as far as seniority).

Second, the time of the meeting sucks, 2 of us aren't even in on Fridays, 2 others are done with classes way earlier and instead of getting a jump on traffic on Friday (I know one of them commutes from the East bay) they gotta stick around a few more hours for this meeting. The two who screwed up the first meeting ironically are who have later classes and are the reason that it's being held at this time.

Finally, my input is practically non-existent in the dept due to my level of seniority (lowest on the totem pole with 3 years).

Man I'm pissed, and this combined with other shenanigans that borderlines on being illegal that's keeping me as the lowest person.

Well I thought about saying I can't make it, but because I missed the flex day one I figure I'll show up to this one.

Mandatory? Eh... its fuzzy how that word is, I'll answer with the word maybe :D

Oh well maybe I'll swing by and see Chris afterwards... although it is raining, and parking (at school) will be a royal PITA.

Back