Reef nutrition

Just purchased a Parwise Meter, we'll see how it works...

gmdcdvm

Supporting Member
Well,
I went ahead and purchased a Parwise Meter yesterday. Should be here in a few days. We'll see how it works compared to the Apogee par meter. I am interested to see how the color spectrum works out. Anyone else have any experience with this meter?
Gerry

If you want to compare side by side I’m holding one of the club meters you can borrow since you’re nearby.

When I was reading about it, the statement “Important Note: PARwise requires access to a Chrome-based browser. Therefore iOS devices (iPads or iPhones) are not compatible with this light meter.” turned me off since I use Apple stuff, but also had me wondering what they are talking about, since I have Chrome browsers on my iPhone and iPad.

Also my experience with the ReefDelete from the same company wasn’t positive, with poor design and poor support. But hopefully lessons were learned and this is being released as a finished product and not as a beta.

Hey John,
I read the same stuff. I have a macbook and I read it is possible to access it via the macbook. I read and saw on a youtube video the reason you can't access it via ipad or iphone is the usb connection it uses. Once I get it up and running I will let you know about the par meter.
Gerry

Hey John,
I read the same stuff. I have a macbook and I read it is possible to access it via the macbook. I read and saw on a youtube video the reason you can't access it via ipad or iphone is the usb connection it uses. Once I get it up and running I will let you know about the par meter.
Gerry
My iPad Pro has a usb c connector; I wonder if that is the only limiting factor.

I am wondering how it will compare to the seneye. Somehow it seems to be the grownup brother. I compared my seneye to one of the club meters not to long ago and honestly they were really close and differed more at the high end and depended more on the angle/water movement. Just a pain to get a laptop out and not get it wet while moving around the tank.

I am wondering how it will compare to the seneye. Somehow it seems to be the grownup brother. I compared my seneye to one of the club meters not to long ago and honestly they were really close and differed more at the high end and depended more on the angle/water movement. Just a pain to get a laptop out and not get it wet while moving around the tank.

Seneye doesn’t have cosine correction - a fancy way of saying it doesn’t read light from multiple angles and reflections. That’s why the angle you hold it will change the value read quite a bit.

Not that anyone asked, but this fits the Parwise https://3dreefgear.com/products/seneye-reef-par-meter-holder. I can't compare it to the Apogee as I've not used one, but apart from the awkwardness of using this with a laptop, it seems to work well. There's not a lot of documentation included, though usage is pretty straight forward. Make sure you're in the right mode (saltwater, underwater) as indicated by the background image in the application. I'm not 100% certain, but I think it defaulted to air mode out of the box.

Well,
I went ahead and purchased a Parwise Meter yesterday. Should be here in a few days. We'll see how it works compared to the Apogee par meter. I am interested to see how the color spectrum works out. Anyone else have any experience with this meter?
Gerry
I saw the Coralvue rep at Reefapalooza demoing it and how fast it can output spectrum which is a really nice feature. Would be great to use and adjust on the fly. I know I want to create one close to a 20k halide.

Back