Kessil

Just wanting to say hi.

I just joined and wanted to say hi. A little about me. Im 25 live here in Santa Cruz. I work at the local Fish store here, and trust me i know its not the best but I work with what i have. I am also a mechanic for the city, and i am in school to be a nurse. I have been reading about salt water aquariums for about 8-10 years now, and I finally set one up 4 years ago.

I have a 100 gal plexi reef tank. It has a 40 gal sump/refigum. There is about 150-175lbs of live rock in the tank and about 50 in the sump. I use a euroreef rs-180. The tank has duel over flows. I have a hood on order, but currently just have a pendent light above. It is a 400w Mh. I hope to replace that with three 250wats and have some actincs in the near future. There is about 120 lbs of live sand in the display and about 40 in the refigium.

Lets see, in the tank i have"
-1 Blond Naso tang, about 7 inches
-1 Orange shoulder Tang, about 7 inches.
-1 Blue Tang, about 5 inches.
-1 Flame Angel, 2-3 inches
-1 Coral Beauty, 2 inches
-5 Blue/green chromis, .5-1.5 inches
-2 False Perc clows, Male is 2 in female is about 3.5
-1 Mystery wrasse, 2 inches
-1 Leopard wrasse, 3 inches
-1 Mandarin Dagonette. 1.5 inches
-1 Ember blenny, 2.5 inches
-1 Bi-colored blenny, 2 inches.
-1 Harliquin Shimp, male, in the refigium.
-1 Fire shirmp
-1 Coral banded shrimp
-25 blue/red hermits
-25 nassarius snails
-2 Dersa Clams, one 4 inces and the other is 6 inches

As for the coral in the tank, i have:
Two different color and types of frogspawn, 14 heads in total both green and pink
Hammer coral, 6 heads, green and pink.
Xenia Anthealia, a lot
Red and blue zoos
pink and red zoos,
orange and green zoos,
1 flordia ricordia, pink
Kenya Trees, way too many
1 orange and teal scoly
4 larger feather dusters
1 red and white coco worm
6 heads of a nice pink and blue Blastmussa
Tons of mushrooms, i have, purple, red, green, blue with green stripes, red with green stripes. I had a massive spawning about 2 months ago. They are taking over.

Ya, so i am sure there is more but i am at work killing time and i thought i would introduce myself and say hi. So Hi.

-Andrew

welcome.gif

to Bay Area Reefers club.

Back