seminolecpa

Past President
2 small frags available

8-30-09shots-36.jpg

1) Agree to give me a frag back upon the loss of my colony
2) Returned at least 1 second gen SPS Coral
3) Have DBTC karma >5
4) Have a tank journal with pics of healthy SPS
5) Agree to put 2 frags back into the program before trading etc.

Pickup at October meeting

I always wanted a frag of this nice coral. But my tank has not been very stable on the SPS side recently (I contributed it to dirty water due to my extended frag tank with the same under performing euroreef skimmer and a lot of rock movement in a desperate effort to rid these evil brown palys). Even though I fixed the skimmer problem, I do not know if the real problem has been fixed. So I better stay away from it for now.

No, I literally lost it. One day it was on the rack, the next, gone. I removed the rack and couldn't find it. It was too large for any of the LPS to eat but maybe it got into my birdnest colony?

I'm not ready for this or the Fire and Ice :( Gotta wait until new tank is set-up so I know I am AEFW less. I see none now, have removed a few of my canary corals and found none on them but I want to dip everything going it and I don't want to have too many SPS to deal with. Both those wouldn't be happy with a new home and a major dipping.

Mine hasn't been terribly difficult, slow as all hell growing, but it was getting killed by that poofy red algae, so I fragged off a little more than a single coralite and that grew back, then it was getting a little too close to a poccilipora that was irritating/killing it, so I move that again, now I got a happy little poof of coral :D

This one has been finicky for me. Tried it twice, had it growing well both times. Then all of a sudden RTN.

When I had this one, it seemed to do really well if the water was a little dirty, but not to the point of having algae problems.

It doesn't like alk/Mg to get out of whack though.

Likes decent water flow.

I think I have Jeremy beat on how small mine got, I had a decent frag, but it kept getting encroached (read: killed) by some thing, red poof algae, another coral, whatever... eventually I fragged off a single coralite (accidentally) and I figure I'd try to grow that in a different part of the tank, well the original frag eventually succumbed to all the evils that wanted it dead however that coralite eventually grew out to be my nice little colony now. Although the base of mine is not as white as in Bryan's pictures.

I have one more pico frag that has been fragged and mounted for about 3 weeks and encrusting on the plug. Same rules apply, pickup at BOD meeting

Back