Our mission

Kessil Support is Awesome

I recently bought a pair of used Kessil A350Ws without mounting hardware, so I ordered goosenecks to mount them. Unfortunately, when the goosenecks arrived a week or two later I realized the mounting screws that hold the Kessils to the goosenecks were missing from the lights and I couldn't attach them. I tried to find the right thread/size screws at several hardware stores without any luck (though almost stripped them out using the wrong ones).

I had opened a ticket with Kessil on the weekend while I struggled with this and they got back to me the next business day and shipped me two sets of screws for free. This solved all of my problems, but that kind of service is worth calling out.

Companies like Kessil and Ecotech charge a premium, but it's great to see them stand behind their products.

didn't you still have some Kessils from your bay area tank?

I sold them and my whole tank :-/ I wasn't sure how much time/space we'd have for a new tank here so I decided to err on the side of selling off whatever I could.

I would have been better off keeping my sump, lights, etc if I knew then what I know now - but I was afraid they'd all just sit in my basement for a year or so.

It turns out our move was easy and we have a lot more space here in the new place. I didn't know that when I broke down the old tank, though.

When my DIY lights had problems, support was horrible.
No 800 number, and took months for the very cranky support staff to fix.
:p

Agree, a real warranty is worth some extra dough.
Does not hurt that Kessil is local as well.

Interesting - I realized my lights are about as old as Kessil the company. I think they put out something in 2010.
Could be wrong.

I sold them and my whole tank :-/ I wasn't sure how much time/space we'd have for a new tank here so I decided to err on the side of selling off whatever I could.

I would have been better off keeping my sump, lights, etc if I knew then what I know now - but I was afraid they'd all just sit in my basement for a year or so.

It turns out our move was easy and we have a lot more space here in the new place. I didn't know that when I broke down the old tank, though.

If it helps, the lights are happy in their new home.
IMG_1880.JPG

If it helps, the lights are happy in their new home.
View attachment 5326

Looking good! No regrets for selling them to you, glad they're in a good home. I think it was the right bet at the time, it just turns out in this instance I was able to get a tank up sooner than expected.

So are they metric or what?

They are metric and seemed to have a weird thread on them. Or maybe I'm just bad at measuring/sourcing parts :) They didn't come labeled with a standard size, just a kessil part number. They look similar to a 1/2" #4 bolt, but are a metric diameter and different thread.

Kessil does have good support. I recently purchased 2 ap700's, and the rep. talked me right thru the setting up process. They also sent me a replacement for a 350n a ways back without any hassle.
Dick F

Back