got ethical husbandry?

Kessils controllable by Apex?

JVU

President
BOD
My Kessil app on my iphone that I use to connect to my Kessil dongle updated today, with update notes that it is now controllable by Apex. But without any instructions how to do this. I poked around the app and even after firmware update, don’t see anything.

Maybe we have to delete our settings in the app and start over with a new setup? Anyone heard anything?

Pretty sure last week's Neptune live stream said that there would be another stream this week. They hinted at an IOTA announcement... so I'm guessing the info if forthcoming.

caveat: I think thats what they said at the end of the previous stream but I could be wrong. Maybe @Vhuang168 can set me straight if I messed that up

It would be really great if long livestreams were in addition to, rather than instead of, just telling us the info or announcement on a page with text like most people want it.

It would be really great if long livestreams were in addition to, rather than instead of, just telling us the info or announcement on a page with text like most people want it.
You'd think that.

I do technical writing for a living, and the number of marketers I've spoken to who are *astounded* that a sizeable subset of consumers vastly prefer written content, rather than videos/etc, really surprised me.

You'd think that.

I do technical writing for a living, and the number of marketers I've spoken to who are *astounded* that a sizeable subset of consumers vastly prefer written content, rather than videos/etc, really surprised me.
I do sales/marketing in the machining world. I find our customers don't care for fluff marketing and would rather know specs and pricing. Meanwhile the major brands make fluff videos and I make my own spec/price driven marketing to actually land the darn sales for them lol

The livestream tomorrow will most likely be on Kessil IOTA.

There will also be announcements made on our forum as well as on FB when Kessil IOTA becomes live.

I find people in professional techincal fields prefer written notes/information and people in the general public prefer videos.

Reactions: JVU
You'd think that.

I work in client services...most of my clients (myself included) prefer written documents with pictures so we can follow and easily refer back. There are multiple ways to learn...one type doesn't fit all. :=)

I want text for specs, features, instructions, etc.. Always, Video should be an add on, not primary info dissemination. Pausing some video with a talking head, reversing, slow motion, fast forwarding, or having to write notes turns me off to a product.

I know it's kind of off topic to the thread but I've never once been asked by anyone in any media, advertising, sales etc what I prefer. Huge disconnect IMO

Companies should do both.
But ... it is a lot easier and cheaper to just make a youtube video of someone going through the process,
so they skip the real instructions.

I prefer written instructions also.

Different people learn differently. I generally learn better through reading written content while others learn better through verbal.

With this stuff, there is also a bit of a question around whether or not you are trying to tell someone how something works versus show them how it works.

I wanted to disassemble part of my refrigerator and a video was helpful because I wanted someone to show me how.

I wanted to know the optimal setup for my AI Prime HD lighting and I wanted a written post because I wanted someone to just tell me the answer.

Companies should do both.
But ... it is a lot easier and cheaper to just make a youtube video of someone going through the process,
so they skip the real instructions.

I prefer written instructions also.
I'd argue that videos are way way way harder in a lot of scenarios.

You need a script, camera, lighting, editing. And if anything changes it is a big effort to go back an update (If you bother to update).

Written you need to write it (script), edit it, publish it. And its substantially easier to edit after the fact.

My company had to hire a full time video person just to handle the relatively small amount of video content we have.

I'd argue that videos are way way way harder in a lot of scenarios.

You need a script, camera, lighting, editing. And if anything changes it is a big effort to go back an update (If you bother to update).

Written you need to write it (script), edit it, publish it. And its substantially easier to edit after the fact.

My company had to hire a full time video person just to handle the relatively small amount of video content we have.
First, what I see most is a screen capture video with a narrator that is clearly just winging it.

As far as a real video vs a good technical manual. ... Interesting debate.
Documenting each command and setting. Documenting troubleshooting. Clear drawings. All take a lot of work.
I guess it all depends on the industry and expected customer base.

Kessil kindly replied to my question about this and said the following:
In order to take advantage of the Apex controllability you will need to write down your light schedule, perform a 3 second reset on the dongle, reset the Kessil App, then when you set the dongle up you will see an option to set it up via Apex and from there you will follow the instructions in the app and then eventually it will tell you to connect via Apex Fusion app.

Please note that you will not be able to copy or transfer your light schedule over which is why we suggest you write down the times, intensity, and color settings before performing any reset or pairing it up to your Apex.

I’m still not familiar with how setting up a light schedule works in Apex and how it compares to the Kessil app, but presumably it will be similar for the Kessils as it is for other 3rd party lights.

Back