Reef nutrition

Koralia Mod (for slow fish safety)

My new frog fish got stuck to the side of a Koralia 3, luckily I caught it in time and freed him before any damage was done. Anyone have any problems with this? Any mods that might help? I was thinking about wrapping the outside of it with a thin piece of foam, similar to the solve for the maxijet intake...any other thoughts?

Thanks,

Josh

:(

the lights just came on in the tank. Found him with the clean up crew on him :(

So last night when he got stuck to the Koralia, he was "spazzing" out, started with him turning in circles, then he started darting around the tank, banging into the glass, which got my attention and as I walked over he slammed into the koralia and got stuck. I quickly turned it off and he swam to the bottom. He crawled around a little and hung out for a bit. Later in the night, he spazzed out again, I had left my pump off, so he just settled in the corner after 2minutes of full freak out mode. He balled up, curling his tail over his head.

Well when lights came on what was left of him was were I last saw him, Koralia stiff of and everything. What do you think could have happened? Got him from the pet store on Saturday, they just got him in that Thursday, think it was cyanide poising or a parasite? Bad luck with the stress of changing tanks and being shipped across the world?

Thanks,

Josh

I would think all of the points you made could very well be possibilities to explain what happened to your frog fish -sorry to hear about your loss though :(
I do think that many people easily over look the idea that fish do have a unique physiology, just as we do, and sometimes there just isn't a whole lot we can do when we purchase these little guys. At best, I suppose you can physically observe the fish, make sure it is eating, out and about doing what fish do; but even then, we can't always tell if a fish is suffering from some sort of ailment internally.

For frogs, I like to get them before they go into a store's system, or else after they've been in the store tank for quite a while.

They don't do so well with a lot of changes.

The spaz out crazy swimming is a classic behavior for a stressed frog right before it dies.

They can be sensitive to nitrate and temperature spikes.

yup lesson learned on the froggie :(

The location of this tank makes it the most stable in terms of temps that I've ever had, never swings, even on a heat wave, cool room + T-5 lights = good combo. N levels pretty much undetectable and all my parameters are right on, and all other critters 100%.

I'm doing a direct pickup next time, all the bagging, accumulating, re-bagging is hard on all the fish.

Back