Kessil

LED suggestions for 18"x18"x18" Cube

Hey all, starting to put together my ADA cube garden that I been holding onto for quite a while now. Wanted to get opinions on which LED would be best for this application. My stocking list would be mostly softies and LPS in this tank. Maaaybe 1 SPS that I plan to grow into 1 large colony along with the LPS. For filtration I'm using a eheim canister filter. I wanted to do a sump but wasn't sure if the glass was drill-able or not. Since the livestock i plan for this tank doesn't require pristine water conditions I figured I can get away with a canister. With that said, Which LED fixture, pendant or strips would be preferred?

AI was actually one Im looking into. Maybe the nano? The kessil 350w wont be too much light? was also thinking about the JBJ LED fixture.

If you want to do a full dawn/dusk/moon cycle, and given the 18x18 area, the AI Nano is probably a good choice.

Otherwise with your stocking plans, you could just stick a Kessil A150 on the tank and keep your SPS colony close to the bright spot. Depending on how high you have it, it should illuminate the entire tank - just be mindful of the dropoff in PAR on the sides. :)

I'd go Sol Blue over the Nano. Kessil A150 ocean blue would be my pick if going with a Kessil.

In this application..I'd say A150 > SOL > Nano.

A150 will be perfect at about 8-9" above the surface. More demanding SPS would need to be near the center but that will depend on your scape. If you want to place anything anywhere, the SOL is your best choice. Had an AI Nano over my 17g and couldn't stand the coloration/brightness/spread etc. Very happy with the A150 Ocean Blue.

Back