Jestersix

Leemar or Cadlight

I just bought a used tank, 48x30x20 rimless. I dont know if it Leermar or Cadlight. I like to have another seal on the inside the tank or install Euro brace, tank is not leak at the moment. Please let me know If you know anyone in the bay area can reseal glass tank or install Euro brace? Do you know who is the manufacture of this tank?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    127.8 KB · Views: 302
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    121.6 KB · Views: 289
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 271
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 287
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 285
Last edited:
Hmmm I'm not entirely sure. Maybe go to a store with cadlight and a store with leemar and see if there are differences?

Anyone know a store with both tanks? I know california reef co only carries Cadlights. I'm not too familiar with leemar.

I imagine there are differences in the Overflow box/pipe design.

Leemar tanks usually have very high quality silicon work between the panels.

You should be able to run (scratch) your nail from the bottom corner to the top corner and not sctrach/encounter any silicon.

The cadlights tanks I've seen, will not be 100% uniform in the silicon application.

There are three holes in the overflow box, one 1.5" for drain and two of 3/4" for return. There are two return holes about 2" below the drain teeth.

Yes, the silicon job is clean, silicon just in between of the edge and the joint of the two glass panels is flat even. I never have a rimless before so i want to make sure it safe before set it up.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    130.6 KB · Views: 273
ummm, is the glass broken and someone tried to repair it with plumber's putty or epoxy? I wouldn't chance filling that with water in my house.

I'd guess no on it being Leemar. They usually oversize the glass and that looks like thin glass for the size.

I agree with bluprntguy. The top seal on the tank is the most important. Typically when a rimless tank fails the top seal is what goes first. Also what is going on with the bottom of the tank? Is there a crack? I would not set that tank up with out replacing the damaged panels.

The tank is no leaking what so ever when i bought it. It still running when i pick it up. I dont know what is the circle on the bottom. About leemar at Neptune, i talked to them and leemar not make tank anymore. I submitted a quote request for a new tank few weeks ago but never got any response.

ummm, is the glass broken and someone tried to repair it with plumber's putty or epoxy? I wouldn't chance filling that with water in my house.

I'd guess no on it being Leemar. They usually oversize the glass and that looks like thin glass for the size.
I disagree with this, most of the leemar tank i seen in person at Neptune are with 1/2" glass.

From what I recall, Leemar will not make rimless in 1/2" if it's bigger in any direction than 48"Lx30"Dx20"H.

The black circle in the bottom of the tank is just silicone used to keep the Starboard glue to the tank's bottom.

I'll look into that quote request. Sorry, really didn't see it in my email. We go with Visio (aka Advance Aqua Tank) and Planet Aquarium for all our custom tanks now. PA offers PVC bottom, Vision doesn't.

Back