Our mission

Levi iii's 29g tank build

[quote author=sfsuphysics link=topic=5054.msg62144#msg62144 date=1225692173]
[quote author=tuberider link=topic=5054.msg62114#msg62114 date=1225681997]
Basically they build a box and mount it to the back of the tank with weld on 40, that effectively eliminates bow in that section which is the main cause of failure on external overflows.
[/quote]

Granted I might be jumping to conclusions, but I thought that's exactly what he did (well maybe with another weldon, 3,4,16..

[/quote]
Sorry I don't see the piece against the back wall of the tank, which would be difficult to attach if the tank had ever been filled with water.

Ok, it's past over due but here is are some updates on the canopy mod/installation. We still have to hing it somehow but it's working great.

recycling some wood i already had
canopy01.jpg

canopy02.jpg

adding a back brace to enclose it and give something to eventually hing it if needed.
canopy03.jpg

canopy04.jpg

reattaching the blocks to allow it to sit on the tank
canopy05.jpg

lighting installed
canopy07.jpg

fired up
canopy06.jpg

Didn't have time to upload the picks earlier. The canopy has been done for a little while, here are some picks mostly from this morning.

FTS01.jpg

FTSactinic01.jpg

from Charles via the mars swap
LE_flower_petal_monti.jpg

from me/dbtc
acan_orange01.jpg

anemone01.jpg

Monti from Bryan and birdsnest from the mars swap
birdsnest.jpg

from Sam via mars swap
favia_green.jpg

hammer01.jpg

paly_blue01.jpg

paly_green01.jpg

from mars swap
pulsingxenia.jpg

rodactisyuma.jpg

rts01.jpg

zoas01.jpg

tail spot blennie
tailspotblennie02.jpg

twin spot gobie
twinspotgobie03.jpg

Levi, how many frags did your son end up with from the swap? haha

Very nice, I see everything got mounted. Those lights should be enough to keep just about anything. I don't think sps will be a problem at all.

[quote author=iani link=topic=5054.msg67672#msg67672 date=1228710118]
Levi, how many frags did your son end up with from the swap? haha

Very nice, I see everything got mounted. Those lights should be enough to keep just about anything. I don't think sps will be a problem at all.[/quote]
:) I only ended up with .... 3 in my tank and I think he ended up with ....about 9 or so? We had a blast and enjoyed hanging out with everyone that made it.

What's up fellas!?

Levi^3, way to go man! You've come a long way! Jeremy is right, it won't be too long before you dominate the Jean household (jeans... Levi.... nevermind).

Do you think it was a little quick to drop an anemone in there? People usually say they need established tanks...but then what do I know? I don't bring that up to criticize, but to ask the thought process, or if I'm banking on something I read in a 30-year-old book. Happily, I guess it's a moot point b/c it looks like it is doing well.

Regardless, looks great! Good job!
Tommy

I think his tank has been set up long enough. If it was set up in November, then it has been about six months. If all the water parameters are stable, then it should be fine. I personally the the anemone will be fine. My tank has been set up four months and my anemones are completely fine so far.

BTW, I love your RBTA! Very nice color and beautifully bubbled tips! ;)

Ha ha ha, VERY nice Levi tre!

I was over at his house...er, at Levi's house... and saw the tank. It looks GREAT!
I told him to go take pictures of it, post one of his anemone, along with the title "I told you so Tommy!"
So he wasn't being punk-ish there in that photo caption.
Ha ha ha, nice job bud.

But dude, only one shot? Your tank is looking GREAT. Give us some more pics. (And stop holding out for that new camera! Take pics now, and then more pics when you get a new camera!)

Great job on this tank!

Back