Kessil

LF emergency coverage next week in San jose

archibaldsharper

Supporting Member
I was wondering if there is someone that does maintenance or wants to check in on a system in the South Bay (San Jose berryessa and 680). Next week.

I'm scheduled to have surgery next Monday with a 5 day hospital recovery. My aquarium system is pretty well automated but you know how stuff happens. And stuff that a none reefer wouldn't notice as an issue. In February I had surgery with a 3 day recovery, mostly went well, but one of the plank auto feeders clogged causing a small amount of water to spill. I couldn't see the issue on cam.

So I would pay for visit(s) just for a visual look over.
PXL_20240506_182022348.jpg

I definitely shouldn't be your first choice as many are far more experienced than me. If you don’t manage to find anyone, I wouldn't mind checking on things for you. I know enough to spot potential problems/ make adjustments if needed.
I'm located in santa clara probably about 7 miles from you.

Good luck with the surgery.

I definitely shouldn't be your first choice as many are far more experienced than me. If you don’t manage to find anyone, I wouldn't mind checking on things for you. I know enough to spot potential problems/ make adjustments if needed.
I'm located in santa clara probably about 7 miles from you.

Good luck with the surgery.
Thank you. Appreciate the offer and will let you know. At the moment the surgery was cancelled for Monday then maybe uncanceled. Limbo

How did a clogged plank cause water to spill? I am just curious
My plank is for euro braced aquariums. The bowl over filled, most the water followed into the aquarium, but some capillaried under the plank platform. It wasn't a huge amount of water but a day or 2 more would have been an issue. Having the bullet covers for the plank probably helped the water get up that high.

PXL_20240506_222647006.MP.jpg
right along where the salt creep is.

PXL_20240506_222653163.jpg
PXL_20240506_222416546.MP.jpg

Back