Kessil

Local delivery service on cl.

Hey all .. I just wanted to to you about my experience this last week with the guy who advertises on CL. His name is Daniel. I promised to talk it up for him cause he was so nice/good.

he showed up 5 mins early
He brought the goods as promised.
He is competitive with the lfs
If you order over 20 He delivers to your door for free..
He was very professional. In fact he patiently waited for my wife to run to the bank because I forgot to have cash on hand.

Word of mouth means everything to a small startup like his. I hope you guys check him out.
His link. He said he is willing to give group discounts to areas of deliveries with large purchases.. nice.

His link
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (edited by cwolfus)

the name is Daniel

I encouraged him to become a sponser/lfs on our forums (right thing to do?)

Didn't really know where to post this..

Pianotips@hotmail.com said:
Hey all .. I just wanted to to you about my experience this last week with the guy who advertises on CL. His name is Daniel. I promised to talk it up for him cause he was so nice/good.

he showed up 5 mins early
He brought the goods as promised.
He is competitive with the lfs
If you order over 20 He delivers to your door for free..
He was very professional. In fact he patiently waited for my wife to run to the bank because I forgot to have cash on hand.

Word of mouth means everything to a small startup like his. I hope you guys check him out.
His link. He said he is willing to give group discounts to areas of deliveries with large purchases.. nice.

His link
http:// [edited by Mr. Ugly. Please see this link http://www.bareefers.org/home/node/9711#comment-120060 ]

the name is Daniel

I encouraged him to become a sponser/lfs on our forums (right thing to do?)

Didn't really know where to post this..

Sounds like he's undercutting all our current sponsors, doubt BOD would approve.

LOL well i msg him just now. Dunno the legal business name.. assumed it was Daniels aquarium delivery service lol. (hello bookfish!) and deleting of the link..not sure about. I just emailed him to get the name of his business and to see where is link went. It was competitive. He doesn't undercut.. some things he was on par unless you order a few extra things at once. The other things he was slightly cheaper .... but for me the delivery means a lot. I'm willing to pay an extra 50 cents here and there and a dollar less on some items if he is willing to deliver.

In Alameda we don't really have a lfs. And one the one we do have ... is prob closing since the shark scandal.

The prices seem a little lower the at the LFS by a dollar or two for the most part. Given these items are cheap, % wise that is huge. Interesting to see how he does. Delivery service does work. I know a guy in NY that did it for a while.

GreshamH said:
Sounds like he's undercutting all our current sponsors, doubt BOD would approve.

Yup. ;)

Ok all. I edited to remove the link instead of deleting the post.

Why? Because we see this issue come up from time to time with people who are new the club and it deserves explanation.

You may have heard the saying that nothing good happens fast with reefing. There is a similar truism about going cheap.

BAR very carefully screens all potential sponsors to ensure their practices are consistent with our mission. Note, I did not say they are screened to make sure they can provide the cheapest price. Price is not considered in our determination. Instead, we consider their husbandry practices, their commitment to the community, their focus on educating customers instead of just making a quick buck. When we decide an LFS, or other vendor, supports our mission and what we are trying to accomplish, we then provide them an exclusive venue and we actively help them promote themselves to our membership.

Now, there is always someone who can sell you something for cheaper. But have you considered why they are cheaper? Is it because the are selling at a loss (bad for our sponsors) or because they are cutting costs (bad for our sponsors and the animals we're trying to be ethical about).

When you spend your money with them you are actively undermining those vendors that support us and what we believe in. To some degree you are actively undermining our mission. While you make that choice for yourself regularly, we don't appreciate it being promoted here. What we appreciate is promoting those that believe and support what we believe.

For that reason we do not allow actively promoting non-sponsors that directly compete with our sponsors within these forums.

If you work with a vendor that you think promotes, fosters, and encourages education and appreciation for the ethical husbandry and propagation of marine life please have them contact the BOD so we can consider them. Otherwise, please do not use our forums to promote vendors that are competing with our sponsors.

-Charles

In Alameda we don't really have a lfs. And one the one we do have ... is prob closing since the shark scandal.

The shark thing from like 4 years ago or a new one?

LOL well i msg him just now. Dunno the legal business name.. assumed it was Daniels aquarium delivery service lol. (hello bookfish!) and deleting of the link..not sure about. I just emailed him to get the name of his business and to see where is link went. It was competitive. He doesn't undercut.. some things he was on par unless you order a few extra things at once. The other things he was slightly cheaper .... but for me the delivery means a lot. I'm willing to pay an extra 50 cents here and there and a dollar less on some items if he is willing to deliver.

Hi Ray!
I know there's only Amazon on Park and the Petco left on The Island.
Do you think we can support another one here?

kraqus said:
Thales said:

The shark thing from like 4 years ago or a new one?

Now I am curious!...LOL!
What happened?

Benny

http://tinyurl.com/yfu8fa6

Look at the first few entries

I don't think that had much to do with business there at all. They actually seemed to do fine while other 'better' stores on the island closed. Not that their business is booming, but the shark thing didn't effect them all that much, and isn't pouring over into today.

Didn't say it was/did/etc... just posting to the question as to what the shark thing was :)

Back