High Tide Aquatics

Looking for a light stand.

I have a 150g eurobraced tank that I am starting to put together. I was looking for a steel frame stand to hang my light fixture from. Something like the ones on www.adana-usa.com. They were perfect, but not wide enough. If anyone knows where i can find something like this for 5' tank, that would be great.

You can make it out of aluminum or stainless steel bar stock. I believe homedepot has the aluminum version.

Picture of his tank. He used aluminum bar stock.
dsc_0003_330.jpg

The company that makes the ZeroEdge tanks also has a sleek solution for hanging pendants from a rack. It attaches at the base to your stand / wall / floor I believe, and is a black and slightly curved bracket.

Let me know if you need a link to it, my internet is really slow ATM.

That is exactly what I was looking for Ian. Thanks, I figured you had some knowledge of this type of stand since they seem to be popular with the freshwater planted aquariums.

Art- that would be great thanks!

My solution (also freshwater lol) was to hang from a shelf. I could use the shelf to hold supplies or be more decorative and put ...well..decorations or potted plants up there :)

SoCal%20Creations.jpg

No problem Daniel. Let me know which direction you are going to go. If you want to do the conduit I can have a friend bend it for you. Or I can get you more info about the bar stock as well.

Thanks again Ian. I'm going to look into it. I like the conduit style, very clean looking. Did you powder coat the conduit or paint it? Great idea Tony, looks good too.

Back