Our mission

Looking For Chaeto and Sea Grass For Hippocampus (Seahorses)

I'm looking for some Chaetomophra and Sea Grass for a new Seahorse tank. Any info would be appreciated.

Also, if anyone has a bow front tank apx 30-50 gallon, and 30-36 inches long with stand and canopy please let me know.

You can follow my seahorses live by clicking on my Ustream link below.

I've got chaeto and the small C prolifera, if you want to try it.

Edit, I saw the C prolifera in the tank on ustream. Let me know about the Cheetos.

yardartist said:
I've got chaeto and the small C prolifera, if you want to try it.

Edit, I saw the C prolifera in the tank on ustream. Let me know about the Cheetos.

Thanks Richard.

Yes, and thank you for checking out my UStream page.

The sea horses are using the chaeto as bedding and courting area, so it's getting some heavy wear.

Jeremy suggested I use some sea grass too. I Googled C. prolifera and see it's the green leafy stuff. I just got that small stem at the at the lfs with the seahorse purchase, but I'll be needing some more as I'm trying to set up another tank just for them.

Please let me know if C. polifera is the same thing as sea grass, as I don't know much about macro algae (but I'm learning quickly).

Thx,
Joel

P.s. your red setosa has almost doubled in size and it is taking on a nice color too.

The caulerpa is not sea grass. It will grow without sand and I understand sea grass needs sand to root. Others may know different and chime in. I have several foot long strands that could be harvested from my refugium. It usually goes in the compost so you could get more other times.

The mini-mother setosa is starting to bubble up again from where I removed the extended tips for frags. It holds color for me under PC. Looking forward to more light if your frag is changing.

yardartist said:
The caulerpa is not sea grass. It will grow without sand and I understand sea grass needs sand to root. Others may know different and chime in. I have several foot long strands that could be harvested from my refugium. It usually goes in the compost so you could get more other times.

The mini-mother setosa is starting to bubble up again from where I removed the extended tips for frags. It holds color for me under PC. Looking forward to more light if your frag is changing.

Hi ,

Thank you for taking the time to follow my post and for answering my question. It's very much appreciated. I'll :mail: as I get closer to putting up the new tank. :)

Back