got ethical husbandry?

Lucky or skillful clownfish?

Apon

Supporting Member
So sometime last night my new clownfish (bought same day) jumped out of my 30gallon zero edge tank. I looked all over for it on the floor this morning. I found it alive in a 5 gallon water change bucket that I didn't empty out yet. The bucket was 1 foot away from tank. Luck or skill? FYI the tank is open 360 degrees- so he could have jumped out in any direction, but the height of the tank is higher so he can see the bucket of water I guess.

Feeling Lucky.....I am going to leave the bucket out again in case he decides to escape again.

Well I guess his luck ran out...I found him on the floor today. suck its was a great looking true perc clown. :mad:

Sorry for your loss. What made it feel like jumping it though? When I feed mine less (for algae control), the female becomes super aggressive towards the male which scares him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sorry for your loss. What made it feel like jumping it though? When I feed mine less (for algae control), the female becomes super aggressive towards the male which scares him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I lost a male that jumped due to his overly aggressive mate

I have no idea as there is another clown in the 30 gallon but they have been hosting in the same anemone since last week. I happened while I was asleep.

Back