Neptune Aquatics

Magnetic frag rack.

Sweet... that's exactly what i was looking for. For the life of me i couldn't remember the name.

Anyone have experience with these racks?

I bought 6 at BAYMAC at impulse. But my tank is so crowded, so far I can only squeeze two onto the side of the tank. Well, I will wait until my new tank is set up before stuck more into the tanks. Overall, it works well. But somehow either my fish or my turbo snails manage to pull some of the plugs off the rack :(. Also, if you have half an inch or thicker glass, be sure to buy extra magnets for it.

I like these

http://www.blackrockreef.com/photos.html

Had one on 1/2 " glass with no problems at all. They are designed very well and are very asthetically pleasing for a frag rack.

I bought one of the frag a racks, my only complaint is that they don't fit all frag plug sizes, like the sample frags we got at baymac don't fit in them, and I have some other plugs that dont work either.

yeah, i think somewhere between first run and production a change was made, the next batch will be adjusted to clear all frag plugs.
Jason, the owner, is a cool guy, he really wanted to bring something clean and easy to the market. And I think he got it done well.

with the extra mags, it will hold allot of stuff, and take off fingers too lol.

Erick said:
I bought one of the frag a racks, my only complaint is that they don't fit all frag plug sizes, like the sample frags we got at baymac don't fit in them, and I have some other plugs that dont work either.

Strange I bought two racks myself and the BAF ceramics fit in just fine. In fact, Jake Adams took pictures for Reef Builders using the BAF sample ceramic plugs. I wonder if the plugs you got were just a little bigger or maybe bent a little?

I love these racks. the one Brian posted blocks more flow and has more room for my corals to grow onto which I do not like. I also love the fact I am keeping my dollars local and supporting a fellow local hobbyist by buying Frag-A-Racks.

I asked him the other day at BAYMAC and he said he prefers to sell direct. Max was trying to get a bunch to sell though, so who knows :)

:) I was thinking (assumed) you went there more often for some reason :)

Back