Jestersix

Marco Rocks - Now available at Neptune Aquatics

robert4025

Neptune Aquatics
LFS Owner
Hi Guys....we'll have 2,000 lbs of Key Largo rocks coming in next week! Stop by if you need some.

They will be retailing for $2.85/lbs...a few pennies more than what you would pay for direct through the supplier but you get to cherry picked your pieces.

Robert

robert4025 said:
Damnit...just because my ears are floppy doesn't mean I can pick up on your signal! Are they nice? :D

:( You can't :(

I figured you'd have read the post I made that was buried in some one elses post several days ago :lol:

It's VERY nice stuff. The tank I am working on now is 100% Key Largo. I would suggest stocking some cement (hydraulic cement), some 1/4" & 3/8" threaded nylon rod, 3/8" & 1/2" acrylic rod and maybe some 12" x 12" x 1/4 (and 1/2") acrylic flat pieces. That way you can be the one stop shop for all the aquascaping needs :)

I'll post mine creations soon.

I love Marcorocks... that's awesome that you're bringing it in Robert! 80% of my whole tank is built with this stuff. The rest was leftover live rock from prior tanks...

Thanks Jason....yep...I am kinda hope it's as good as everyone claiming it to be. Its at least one little thing we can do around here to help move the hobby toward a more sustainable road map. Now, my only problem is where the hell we're gonna put all these rocks! :~

BTW guys...we have a Aussie shipment (LPS stuff) coming in tomorrow and then maybe another one the day after for Aussie SPS...that's excluding the shipment we just got in today! Whewww....Black Friday was a killer and I am not sure if we're going to do it again next year! All people grabbed was the good stuff...dang cherry pickers....now I know how my suppliers feel when we raided them.... :bigsmile:

Robert can you update this thread when you receive the rocks. I may have to take a day off to stop by your shop. =) I need about 30lbs or more.

Thanks!

Jimmy

I found Marcorocks to be very very good stuff. Definitely more porous than Fiji which was what I used years ago to start my reef. It only took three or four months for the marcorocks to get covered in coralline. Now I can't tell what was originally old/new unless I look at the shapes/weight of the rocks in the tank.

Eight said:
I found Marcorocks to be very very good stuff. Definitely more porous than Fiji which was what I used years ago to start my reef. It only took three or four months for the marcorocks to get covered in coralline. Now I can't tell what was originally old/new unless I look at the shapes/weight of the rocks in the tank.

Unless you bought his "Key Largo" you got Fiji from him ;)

kinetic said:
marco rocks, so is that dry rock?

I love marco rocks, my tank is 80% marco dry rock, and 20% Reeferrock dry rock.

Yes Key Largo is dry rock. They surface mine it. It's ancient fossilized coral. It's much tougher, harder, denser then that of most reef rock but the shapes are unreal.

Google is your friend... just google or visit www.marcorocks.com and look up Key Largo Rock :p

Sweet...I've been looking at the marco key largo rocks and will probably use it for my tank upgrade. Will talk to you again in a few months when I'm ready to get things up and running.

Back